What is the purpose of MMOS?
• To model authentic friendship leading to a relationship with Christ
• To convey that “you are not alone”, and that MMOS is a place where men of all ages know “You belong”. Men should experience radical hospitality. (Goal: I AM GLAD I CAME!)
• To encounter men who can love each other because of their love of Christ
• To engage men in the Sacraments in a safe, encouraging atmosphere.
• To inspire men to take a step towards active discipleship
St. Andrew went back to his home to tell his brother Simon Peter (now St. Peter) about the coming of Jesus, the Anointed One (Messiah). Imagine if St. Andrew had not gone back, and brought his brother?… What would have happened? Where would we be today as Christians, without that first encounter for St Peter with Christ. (John 1:35-42)
How many of our fellow brothers walk a daily journey without Christ, because we (there brothers) have not invited them to find their own personal encounter. While you may see your fellow brother in the pews once a week for a mere hour, are they truly living their faith? While you yourself know the graces and joy, you can receive from living your faith, daily at home, and work, within all aspects of your environments, do you see or feel the urgent need to share your encounter with Christ? Would your brother, next door neighbor, work associates or community of friends also benefit greatly from having that same faith filled encounter(s) with our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ?
Are you looking? Are you aware? Pray About It.
Today I urge you my brothers in Christ, to reach out and bring a friend and allow the Holy Spirit to fill their hearts, allow Christ to engage in their daily lives, allow them to know God, as you do.
As the loaves and fishes demonstrate, men can have a lasting effect on the world around them just by choosing the “right thing”. We are not called to lead lives of “quiet desperation” but to proudly proclaim the truth of the Church in our everyday lives. Make a friend. Be a friend. Lead a friend to Christ.